• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant move Apps to SD card.

tablet2011

Mar 3, 2011
Macclesfield UK
I bought a new SD card for my Samsung Tab 3 as wanted to move Apps to it and have installed a app that can move them and the Apps i want to move is telling me that they can be moved to SD card.

but when i click on the App to move it there is no where to click to move it but on my Samsung S4 phone i have moved the apps to SD card in that.

The tablet can see the SD card and i know these apps can be moved as the same ones have been move on my S4.

any ideas please?

You may not be able to do it without rooting the device.

The native ability to move apps to SD was removed from Android with Android 4. Samsung added it back to the S4 themselves after the mainstream media picked up that they were telling users who complained about lack of space to move apps to SD even though the phone didn't have that feature. But they didn't add it back to all of their devices, only some.

I don't know the Tab 3, but it's possible that the OS on the Tab doesn't support this even though the S4 does. If that's the case then there are apps which can be used to do this but they will require root to work.

Reactions: tablet2011
Upvote 0
You may not be able to do it without rooting the device.

The native ability to move apps to SD was removed from Android with Android 4. Samsung added it back to the S4 themselves after the mainstream media picked up that they were telling users who complained about lack of space to move apps to SD even though the phone didn't have that feature. But they didn't add it back to all of their devices, only some.

I don't know the Tab 3, but it's possible that the OS on the Tab doesn't support this even though the S4 does. If that's the case then there are apps which can be used to do this but they will require root to work.

Many thanks for that.

How do i root the Tab 3 as never done that before.

is it easy to do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones