• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't move around stock recovery

aloc614

Lurker
Mar 25, 2011
Alright folks after reading thru some threads i coundnt find my issue. So i sbf back to froyo using vrz_mb810 file got stuck on M logo, after serveral battery pulls i finally got into stock recovery but i can't move around in it. can't scroll down using vol. The weird thing is in order to get the dude with the triangle i had to hold home, pwr, and then search after M logo (still holding home n pwr) any ideas? Thanks in advaced

there are full sbf files that are for 2.3.340 that you need to download and flash using rsd lite 4.9 (what i use)
once your phone begins to reboot, you remove the battery
and then put it back in
once you have done this power on the device by holding home + power
when the exclamation comes up hit the search key and there ya go
you should know to vol up and down to wipe data and cache :)

Reactions: aloc614
Upvote 0
Alright folks after reading thru some threads i coundnt find my issue. So i sbf back to froyo using vrz_mb810 file got stuck on M logo, after serveral battery pulls i finally got into stock recovery but i can't move around in it. can't scroll down using vol. The weird thing is in order to get the dude with the triangle i had to hold home, pwr, and then search after M logo (still holding home n pwr) any ideas? Thanks in advaced

you dont have to search for your problem, just ask, we dont mind :)

Reactions: aloc614
Upvote 0
Thanks for replies guys. I have sfb'ed successfully 3 times b4. this time i wasn't rooted my phone was just acting crazy lowering my volume on its own and rebooting and It was doing this on stock. So I took it to verizon (fully sbf to stock ;)) they didnt know what was wrong so they sending me a new one. When I got home I thought let me try and sbf for the hell of it just to see if it fixes the problem. So I can atleast use my phone until the new one comes in. So I sbf full vrz_mb810_2.3.34_1ff_01.sbf using rsdlite 4.9. After sbf I was hung on M logo so tried a million battery pulls, tried holding home and pwr still stuck. the only time I get the triangle is when I hold home and pwr and when the M logo comes on still holding pwr I hit home, back, and search weird i know. at this point I get the triangle but the only way to get to stock recovery I have to hold vol.up, vol.down, and search weird again. finally while in stock recovery I can not move up and down to wipe data or anything. all I can do is hit camera button to reboot which takes it back to a hung M logo. Any thoughts out there. Now ima super noob but with this forums help i've successfully sbf b4 and wiped data in stock recovery just this time its acting different. Thanks again to all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones