1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Cant open email attachments?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Buckeye Boy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Cleveland,Ohio
    I posted this in the regular forum, but no help. I am rooted and you guys are better at helping. I am using K9 mail but all my email with attachments come as a .doc file. when i try and open it states it cannot open file. what do i need to do to get my phone to open an email attachment? and why are they all in .doc form it seems? is this a K9 mail issue and if so should i use another email client? and if so,:thinking: who?

Advertisement

2. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Michigan
    I purchased Enhanced Email from the market and used quick office to open.doc attachments.

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

did you make sure to download the attachment before opening. K9 i think by default only downloads the file type but not the full attachment. there should be a download button right next to it.

4. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Cleveland,Ohio
    If I have an email come through I open the email.if there is an attachment its at the bottom of the email. It has a small box with an android guy with a paper clip on him.to the right of him there are 2 boxes.open and save. If I click open it does not open. Quickoffice opens up but says it cannot openthat type of file.? Its always a .doc file. Why can't I open a damn email attachment?

5. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

Than hit save. the file needs to be downloaded before it can be opened.