• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't open SIM tray

andrews317

Android Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2011
Honduras
Hello guys.

A month ago I needed to use a different SIM card for my Nexus, so I used the extraction SIM tray tool that comes in the box to extract and place the new SIM. Now that I wanted to place my SIM back, I was not able to pull it out. I even tried with an iPad tool that is a little longer and no success. Then I compared with a friend

Then that is news to me. When I tried to RMA my Nexus 7 last fall after having it for 2 months they told me to contact Asus. Plus when I RMA my Nexus 4 after only having it for 2 days, the rep in the phone even said "since it's within 15 days of purchase, I'll initiate a return to manufacturer authorization". Though I'm not sure if you checked your shipping label when you did it, but even though I set it up through Google, it was sent to an LG repair center in Texas.

Upvote 0
I called LG to get my dead AC adapter replaced back in February and I was asked to call Google directly. According to the LG rep, LG only handles non-warranty repairs such as physical damage. Google handled the RMA for me and sent me a brand new phone at the time because they did not have spare AC adapters.

Upvote 0
Well, I finally called Google. I told them my situation and after a few emails, they finally said the phone was going to be replaced as warranty for a new one. They sent me shipping information to LG in Alabama (free of charge) and gave me a link to get the new device shipped to my address. The total amount of the device is on hold on my credit card, which will be eliminated after they get the damaged phone. In case I lied with the diagnose of my phone (which I didn

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones