1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cant open SMS after gingerbread update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by atticmaster, May 19, 2011.

1. atticmaster

atticmaster Lurker

HI Guys
    This is my first time here, so be gentle with me....
    I have just updated to gingerbread 2.3 after a very long wait, only to find that I can

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. justiyad

justiyad Android Enthusiast

Are you using the default SMS application? Try doing a factory reset, you will lose most of your non synced items, but usually after an upgrade doing a factory reset sorts all sort of weird issues.

3. atticmaster

atticmaster Lurker

Thank you for your reply

I have tried that on one of my phones and its the same, but I have noticed that I can now read all of the text from the yellow bubble, whereas I had to open them into a second window in black and white if the message was large. have they done away with this feature in gingerbread?

I have also tried a third party sms client and dose the same thing.:)

4. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast

It looks like they have done away with having to open a new window to read the full text, as it is now fully displayed in the conversations view.

Ray

5. m3t3or

m3t3or Lurker

Has anyone found any way around this without having to roll back to slowyo 2.2? I don't understand why they had to remove this feature. Not only are longer text messages easier to read in the black&white screen but what if you want to show someone a specific text without them seeing your whole conversation thread!?

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews