• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Pick Up EMail

donpatchi

Apr 13, 2011
I have apps to pick up my email from Yahoo! and from GMail, but I can't find a way to pick up my email from either my Internet server/email provider or the MS Live software they forward it to, so I can't access my email in that email account.The Cox cable company said they can't help, it's the phone issue,..my phone company server said they can't help me either. :thinking::mad:

Is there really no app for that? :eek:

Preinstalled there is a envelope for email app but no one could tell me if that would work. ? It's asking all kinds of quesions I can't answer. :(

Any ideas?

This is not about activating the phone, it's about the different mail sites, (and other appps), not "recognizing" the new phone. After tons of research, I found that because my phone is an Android, I needed to creat an "Application-specific Authorization" code. I had to go to my gmail and settings to deactivate the one from my old phone, and create a new one. Wa-la. Now every body knows the phone is "legal" It's part of Google's 2 step Authentic password process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones