1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

can't play emulations on Xperia play /:

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jordan009, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jordan009

jordan009 Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    So i downloaded the astro manager and super mario all stars and it won't let me extract it i also tried megaman as well and that didn't work. Sometimes it won't even let me download a rom unless it's a certain site.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    step one, try re-downloading it. Step two, use a pc to extract the rom file.

3. AmneonX

AmneonX Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    http://www.androidwaypoint.com
    Michigan
    Stupid question, but did you download an emulator first?

4. medseven

medseven Newbie
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    If you downloaded an emulator maybe the emulator you've got needs (only reads) a specific folder path; something like: sdcard/'emulator name'/roms/

Most emulators for android will scan the whole sd card and read roms from wherever tho,

Certain technology in downloading from the web, like captcha codes, flash and other's not all of which android can do. Would explain why you can download from certain site's not others.

Like Amneonx said you need an emulator before you can play roms. Do you have one?

If not download one.

If so (and if not, after you've downloaded one) download the roms onto your pc. If the roms come in .zip files android can be a bit dodgy unzipping them. Extract the zippped (or .rar or whatever) files on your PC. Transfer them to the sd card from the PC.

Then open and point your emulator to where the roms are, or if ur emulator needs a specific path make sure you save the roms there. Should run handy dandy. Xperia Play can handle all the emulators out there. Shouldn't have a problem.