• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't play music on sd card through usb connection

kennyele

Lurker
Jul 31, 2012
I put all my music on my 16gb sd card cuz i don't have enough phone internal memory so i only have a few songs on the intrnal memory.. When i plug my phone into a USB stereo it won't play any of the songs on the sd card but it only plays songs on the internal memory.. Help!!!

What music player are you using? Are your songs on the sd-ext card in a folder called 'Music'? Open the 'Play Music' app, scroll through the 'Artists', 'Albums', etc. until you get to songs. Do you see all your music? Is the 'usb stereo' you are plugging into a full media player that just accesses the phone to retrieve music or do use a music app on the phone to play through the stereo's speakers?

Upvote 0
Ok so I'm using Google play and uh yeah i see all my songs on Google play and all the songs are saved in a folder called music on the Sd card and i can't select the music from my phone when it is plugged in i have to do it from the stereo.. The only songs that play are songs that have been downloaded from the internet onto my internal storage

Upvote 0
OK, sounds like the issue is the usb stereo you are using. If I understand correctly, if you play your music through a music player on the phone, you have access to all your music, but apparently, the stereo only sees the music on the internal sdcard, but not the sd-ext. Unless there are some options on the stereo to access the sd-ext card, it looks like you'll be limited to the internal storage. Or use a phone music player to pipe it through the headphone jack into an aux connection on the stereo, if available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones