1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't purchase paid apps in play store

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Wolfpack92, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Wolfpack92

Wolfpack92 Lurker

So I have been having trouble with this on and off since I got my galaxy s4 last april. I can download free apps no problem but paid apps give me the following error every time.

"Error retrieving information from server:
    [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]"

I have cleared the data/cache for Google play, Google services framework, removed and re-added my account. Whipped the cache partition on my phone, and the like.. Nothing helped. Please somebody solve this problem for me 😐😢.. Also I'm on android 4.4.4 not rooted or any custom roms etc.

PS I would have just posted a screen shot but this is my first post so I am not allowed to.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

You should be OK to Post screenshots now.;) I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. It looks like you have tried the common solutions. Another option would be to uninstall all updates to Play and see if that works.

3. Wolfpack92

Wolfpack92 Lurker

I tried uninstalling Google play updates and I still get the same error

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Hmmm... ...just so it's clear, after you removed your credentials from the Play app you rebooted your phone before signing back in?

BTW, I moved this thread to the Android Lounge where other members may have different ideas.