1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't re-install Browser.apk, tried everything

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OMGdontbanme, Jul 24, 2011.

1. OMGdontbanme

OMGdontbanme Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Tried using root explorer moved Browser.apk to system/app, changed permissions and re-booted, didnt work

Tried moving Browser.apk to system/app and then used terminal to push using command: chmod 644 system/app/Browser.apk - didnt work.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you cant reinstall this app without flashing a backup, the problem is I dont have a backup from before I deleted this file.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    If you run out of Ideas then you could install a custom recovery(It appears you have rooted your phone) xionia_cwma_12518.4 seem to have the best options. Make a backup in recovery of that ROM(even though it's now messed up). Install a custom ROM that's to your liking(then back that one up). then delete the messed up backup. Then every chance you get try to encourage those that root there phone to install a custom recovery and back up there system so they don't have to go thru what you are now experiencing. I know,I bricked my 1st phone because I had no custom recovery to allow me to make a backup of my system. No backup to fall back on when I inadvertently deleted something necessary to the system. A custom recovery allows you to get yourself out of all sorts of self inflicted problems.

3. nascar2428

nascar2428 Newbie
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    I use es file explorer. You simply copy the apk off of your sd card then paste it into the system/app folder. I do this all of the time when I'm changeing ROMS, I like Go launcher and always put it in the system files and delete whatever launcher the dev has put in, works everytime. If your rooted you can always install a custom recovery, then a ROM, and I think that would sovle your problem.

Tags: