• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't read from phone storage

Curious phrasing: "write to Windows from this phone". To me that means using an app on the phone to write on the PC, rather than using the PC to copy stuff from the phone (which is how most people will transfer stuff). Can you confirm that that is what you mean, and if so which app you are using when you try to write to the PC?

And if that's not what you mean, are you just using Windows Explorer and an MTP connection or have you tried using Samsung's software (which I think is called "Smart Switch" these days)

I personally don't use Windows, nor do I have a Samsung phone, so may not be able to help much. But knowing exactly what you are doing and what software you are using to do it will certainly help in identifying the problem.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones