1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't read new emails content (default Android mail app)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chris Abbott, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Chris Abbott

Chris Abbott Lurker

I have a user at work that has the same issue as described here from last years problem - where the content or body of some emails was not being displayed in the default Android email app.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, as well as most of the troubleshooting tips in the link above.

The phone is running android 8.0.0, has all updates installed. Attached is a screenshot of the issue, as well as some information about the phone if needed.

Screenshot_20181015-112110_Settings.jpg Screenshot_20181015-112117_Settings.jpg Screenshot_20181015-105121_Email.jpg

Thanks everyone,
    -Wang

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I assume this is not a gmail account. The Samsung default mail client has always been problematic. Try a different app. You can add POP3 and IMAP accounts to the gmail app. That's what I use for a unified email app, but there are others like K9 or maildroid that should work just as well.

salahelkeibi likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews