• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't receive calls but can make them Nexus4

I am posting for my brother who finally got his N4(and the a few days later his micro sim from straight talk). He went through the steps outlined and got everything working except actually receiving calls. He can send and get texts also he can make calls. I am not sure about MMS but SMS works. What he can't do is get calls, if you call it says something like "the number or code you dialed is incorrect.." He has called tech and the weird thing is they can call his number and it will ring, but no one else can it seems. Has anyone had this issue. :thinking::(:thinking:

Stephen

Well, ST can't figure it out so he's getting a new SIM and going to start over and see if that does it. Meanwhile I have a couple of new T-Mobile Sims. We are going to use one and see what happens while waiting for his SIM to arrive.

Update: T-Mobile sim works fine. He's gonna see how coverage is for a month and go from there.

Upvote 0
Well, ST can't figure it out so he's getting a new SIM and going to start over and see if that does it. Meanwhile I have a couple of new T-Mobile Sims. We are going to use one and see what happens while waiting for his SIM to arrive.

Update: T-Mobile sim works fine. He's gonna see how coverage is for a month and go from there.
Same thing on my end but it on t my galaxy s 2 after waiting 3 days to get my number ported from the other provider I could not receive calls and text so finally they called T-Mobile and it started working immediately. But still can't receive MMS as I mentioned in the other post I made

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones