1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't receive confirmation/verification texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaywilliam, Feb 1, 2014.

1. jaywilliam

jaywilliam Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm on ATT's GO Phone network and for some reason I can't receive texts from companies that need me to verify my phone number through SMS (Uber, Facebook, Twitter, ect). Even services like ChaCha can't get through. Is there some way to allow these to reach me?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Use Messaging.

3. jaywilliam

jaywilliam Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    What do you mean by "use Messaging?" My whole problem is that I can't receive text messages from companies that require a code sent to my cell to verify my phone number.

4. jaywilliam

jaywilliam Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    I was able to give AT&T a call this morning and it turns out there was a default spam block activated by the network. Newer Galaxy phones actually have an option in the settings to turn this on or off, but the representative was able to remove it for me. I started receiving the messages after I restarted my phone. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

5. aietafra

aietafra Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2014
    hi jaywilliam
    I have an iphone 5 and I'm experiencing the same problem . I called at&t and apple but no one can help me...
    could you please be more specific about what type of settings you had to change in order to remove this block?
    thank you so much

francesco

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello francesco, Welcome to Android Forums! :)

While we are an Android user support forum, we will try and help you with your iPhone problems the best we can. From what I can gather, certain services will automatically generate an SMS message with a verification code that you need to enter to proceed. Your number seems to be blocking them. If this is happening on both iPhones and Android phones, It would have to be originating with the carrier (AT&T).

AT&T, like any other large corporation has varying levels of support and good reps and bad ones. I just had a very disappointing round of call-tag with their support staff, but got a very helpful rep who solved my problem by using their twitter account @ATTCares. I'd recommend trying that to see if they can help.

Good luck!