1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cant receive MMS?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nwj67, Jul 31, 2011.

1. nwj67

nwj67 Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Just got my phone back from HTC after two months as they had to fix it as it randomly dropped calls. Well it wouldn't stop rebooting itself earlier but that seems to have stopped. Now when someone send me an MMS msg, I get a link that says retrieve your MMS here. Takes me to a site where I have to put in my full phone number and a stupid code to view my MMS. I have always just gotten them in my text window before. Anyone know what I have to do to get that back?

Advertisement

2. nwj67

nwj67 Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    After talking with Cellcom, they said once i send a picture text, I will be able to get them right in the window. They said for whatever reason I have to send one from the phone before it will let me get them as a picture right on the phone. I dont recall having to do this before but we will see.

3. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    This usually happens on phones when they have no apn set up

4. Rizzu

Rizzu Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    My thoughts exactly. A few months back my phone decided that an APN wasn't necessary, and automatically disabled it. When this occured, i was no longer able to send or receive multimedia texts or connect to the internet. I found a thread on recreating your APN since the original one became corrupt, and it solved my problem immediately, no problems since and my old APN now says [DISABLED] beside it, and can no longer be turned on at all.

Here's the thread:
    http://androidforums.com/hero-support-troubleshooting/45005-mobile-network-apn-settings.html

Tags: