1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't receive text messages...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Marty33, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Marty33

Marty33 Lurker

Hey everyone. I seem to be having a problem with my Ace phone. A few days back, it started receiving old and new text messages over and over (I mean like a text message that was sent to me once would be received 20 or 30 times). Obviously, this was bugging the hell outta me, so I decided I'll try a firmware update through kies. It all went smoothly, the firmware update was successfully completed and for a time it seemed to sort the problem out - no old messages were being received.
    My moment of joy was, however, put to an end when I realized that NO text messages were being received. Tried sending one to myself from the internet, from my girlfriend's cell phone, nothing.
    Now I really don't think this was a faulty firmware update, because, as I said, the process went swimmingly and, apart from not being able to receive texts, everything works just fine. I can call, receive calls, send texts, everything. It is, however, the phone's fault, because when I tried putting my sim card into another phone, I could suddenly receive text messages.
    Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Hi Marty,
    Although I don't think this is the solution, trying won't hurt: check your text message settings if the number for the message centre is still there.

3. Marty33

Marty33 Lurker

yeah it is :/ Thanks for answering tho :)

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews