• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't receive text messages...

Marty33

Lurker
Dec 17, 2012
Hey everyone. I seem to be having a problem with my Ace phone. A few days back, it started receiving old and new text messages over and over (I mean like a text message that was sent to me once would be received 20 or 30 times). Obviously, this was bugging the hell outta me, so I decided I'll try a firmware update through kies. It all went smoothly, the firmware update was successfully completed and for a time it seemed to sort the problem out - no old messages were being received.
My moment of joy was, however, put to an end when I realized that NO text messages were being received. Tried sending one to myself from the internet, from my girlfriend's cell phone, nothing.
Now I really don't think this was a faulty firmware update, because, as I said, the process went swimmingly and, apart from not being able to receive texts, everything works just fine. I can call, receive calls, send texts, everything. It is, however, the phone's fault, because when I tried putting my sim card into another phone, I could suddenly receive text messages.
Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones