• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't record videos as it says I'm on a call

dizzle16

Android Enthusiast
May 5, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
I can't figure this one out

hapa9aha.jpg

I'm not on a call. Even rebooted and still get the error. I tried last week and got the same thing. 3rd party Camera apps work fine. Just the stock one? Anyone else having this issue?

nobody can even venture a guess, well like most things in life i solved it myself. a while ago i notified everyone about the way to activate the "ok google" hotword while in any app or lockscreen, that feature somehow convinces the camera that its on a call. i just started deleting apps and it still gave me the error. looked online and found other LG users are having that problem. especially the G2 (which my wife just got today).

Upvote 0
i checked the new google camera app, it works just fine with the voice settings on. just doesnt work with stock camera app.
I checked the same thing. That night I downloaded the Google camera abd nexus camera and they both worked. Just not the stock. I just disabled the "Okay Google" feature. Don't use it that much. Need the camera though

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure this was also randomly causing my phone to stay awake and was killing the battery rapidly. Has been ok since I shut the "everywhere" off but it's only been a few hours (I have an HTC desire btw). But thought it applied as the topic was about the google now everywhere causing problems. My video was working fine though.

Upvote 0
I can't figure this one out

hapa9aha.jpg

I'm not on a call. Even rebooted and still get the error. I tried last week and got the same thing. 3rd party Camera apps work fine. Just the stock one? Anyone else having this issue?
Went into the Google app, menu button brings up list, on that list is "voice" and if you go in you can turn off the "OK Google in any screen" feature. That fixed it for me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones