• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't remove Facebook account?

Travisimo

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2010
USA
I cannot remove my Facebook account from the Accounts screen. When I click on the "Remove Account" button, it comes back and says my username or password is not correct. I have checked and double-checked and they are both correct. The username is actually uneditable but is showing up as the right username. The password, I have made sure to type it in correctly too. Made sure case sensitivity was right. Made sure I could still log into my Facebook account from my computer using the same username/password.

No matter what I do, there is no way for me to remove the Facebook account from my Bionic. I tried rebooting and that didn't help either.

Anyone else have this problem? At this point, I'm thinking nothing short of erasing my phone and starting over will resolve the issue. But I wanted to check here first.

Several have reported this with FB. I also at first had some issues with Hotmail. I started over with a factory reset and everything has been gravy since.

Do you have a link where this was discussed? Now my Social Networking app does not even work - it can't sync to Facebook for the same reason (incorrect username/password). Which makes sense, since it uses the Account data you enter in the Accounts area.

I really don't want to factory reset, especially since the issue could pop up again...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones