1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support can't remove icon/app from the app drawer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GoNe2heLL, Feb 19, 2011.

1. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Member

today i updated the imdb and since then it's been acting crazy. first i couldn't open it it says this application not installed, then when i went thru market it opened just fine. i went ahead and uninstalled it and installed it again and since then i'm stuck w/ this icon that i have no way to remove it (don't know how to). clicking on regular imdb icon opens the but clicking on the blue one always gives same message "this application is not installed" any help is appreciated.

thanks

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Android Enthusiast

Have you rebooted? I had some icons that showed up that ready but went back to normal after a reboot...

3. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Member

Reboot and battery pull done

4. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Android Enthusiast

App2sd? Or installed to phone memory?

Maybe install both...reboot...reinstall...make sure its installed to phone mem?

Are you rooted? Rom'ed?

5. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

Yes, something was weird about that update. I had a shortcut on my home page that wouldn't work after the update. I deleted it, then created a new shortcut for IMDB. Works fine now.

Are you using a replacement launcher? (Launcher Pro, ADW, etc) I know those two, you can do a long press on an icon to delete an icon or uninstall a program.

If not, what app are you using to create your folders?

Also, to confirm. The icon is in your app drawer, and not just in the created folder...correct?

6. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Member

i am rooted still running 2.3.9/no ROM

I am using Go Launcher and when i press and hold on the icon to try to uninstall the blue imdb nothing happens at all.....if press the X on the regular/gold imdb icon it'll give me an option to uninstall it. I tried deleting the whole "I" folder all it does it dumps both of the icons in the regular app drawer but still doesn't give me an option to uninstall the blue imdb.

if i switch to native launcher and go into the app drawer blue imdb doesn't show up only gold one but if i switch to the ADW no imdb icons shows up at all. i guess it might be something related to the go launcher.

7. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

As BSP asked, was the original IMDB on the SD card, or internal memory?

8. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Member

sorry for the late reply

originally it was installed on the SD but i kept getting the upgrade failed unknown - 18 error message so i moved it back to the phone. when i did the app upgrade it was installed in the phone's memory. after i uninstalled it and reinstalled it i still kept it in the phone's memory.

9. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

Shoot. I was hoping it was on the SD card, and I was gonna point you to the error 18 fix to see if it removed the pesky icon, but I don't think that will help now.

Very strange that neither icon shows up under the ADW launcher. May be a cache issue. But I'm not sure if clearing the cache will fix cause I don't know if icons are kept in the cache. Maybe someone else can jump in here.

One more long shot:
    Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / On SD card (tab)
    See if the blue IMDB icon is there and try to uninstall.
    Just a guess, it is a long shot.