1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can't replace files to SD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tommyboy1982, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Tommyboy1982

Tommyboy1982 Lurker

When i click in Settings-Apps and then a random app but there is no button where i can replace the storage to my SD ....

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by kate, Jun 8, 2017 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

With Marshmallow, Nougat and above you first have to format the SD card as Adaptable Storage (AKA Internal Storage). Not every phone will support Adaptable Storage (the G4 does), some manufacturers might remove the option. Slow SD cards might not be compatible.

There should be a notification when you first put the SD card in to set it up, or go to Settings -> Storage -> Select Card -> Menu -> Format As Internal (might vary by phone). The Portable option is for using it as regular storage, Internal is Adaptable Storage and will combine the SD card with your phones storage

Then you can go into Settings -> Apps and choose to move apps that support being moved (not all do).

The SD card is erased and formatted, then encrypted when used as adaptable storage, backup important data on it first.

Tommyboy1982 and lunatic59 like this.
  4. Tommyboy1982

Tommyboy1982 Lurker

Thanx, this does the trick for me :)

Motorola Moto G4 Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto G4 Plus release date was May 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 617 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2016
Release Date
Reviews