1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Can't restore device settings, SMS, etc, after reset and new PIN creation?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by glasshalffull, Feb 9, 2020.

1. glasshalffull

glasshalffull Member

Device: Google Pixel 3xl
    Android 10

I had to reset my phone and create a new screen lock pin and could not restore old backup during the initial setup as it was requiring the OLD pin. So i was instructed to skip restore and do later.

Now the restore is not happening properly, it's been 3 days since reset. There was no notification to finish setup or in settings.

I have the restore backup in my google drive and I'm using Google One. I can preview the restore and see device settings, sms, and everything that i want restored but it's not happening.

I have learned that I need to reinstall G One and then click restore to bring back the Photos and Media, which it is doing right now but I am still not getting the device settings and call history, SMS, etc restored. I have learned that is Android's Job.

How do I direct android to restore the call history, device settings, apps, etc?

I can see it in Google drive but don't know how to activate it and it is not happening automatically as it has been 3 days since Fresh reset and new Pin was created.

I see this morning that there is a new backup added in google drive of the reset phone (which is not useful as it is a backup of the fresh reset none of the old info i need). This backup does not have the Google One icon behind it as i had not installed One back onto the phone and connected it to my google account, when this backup was created.

thanks for any help

Advertisement

#1 glasshalffull, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Closing due to answers in Pixel section.