1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't restore emails in trash to inbox

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Chronia, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Chronia

Chronia Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2015
    Female
    Okay so I apologize if this is being posted a second time but from my end there is no record of it ever having posted after I typed it all out.

I recently acquired a brand new S7. In the default email app that comes with the phone I accidently deleted (sent to trash folder) some emails I needed to keep (work related and other).

When I press and hold an email in the trash folder a check box comes up next to all the emails in that folder. When the boxes are checked there is a "more" option in the upper right corner. Unfortunately the only options on the "more" menu are "add star" and "mark as read/unread".

When I swipe left on an email in the trash folder it deletes it with ano option to undo which is only there for a short time.

When I swipe right during mid swipe there are four options "move, set reminder, read/unread, reply" all if which are red (indicating they are useable) until I finish8sh swiping right, then all options except "read/unread" grey out. The options cannot be used during mid swipe.

I have looked in the app settings and can't find anything that would explain this.

I only have ONE email account set up in the app, so there are no consolidated inboxes, just the ONE inbox.

Again I am using the default email app that comes with phone. Is there a way to restore these emails from the trash folder to the inbox folder or un-grey the move option?

I'd appreciate any help with this ASAP (as I mentioned some are work related and it's important to get them restored soon)!

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    tube517 likes this.