• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't restore nandroid

mecampo

Jun 10, 2010
Cypress, TX
i flashed MikFroYo-v4.4-Stock-Theme-signed.zip over a mikfroyo 4.5 with a Slayers_Cyan_Dragon_Theme_v2.7 to return to stock theme and as i reboot i have a boot animation loop.

i try to restore my nandroid backup before i did the flash and it has the ooops something went wrong error so i try to move the recovery log to the sdcard and had the same oops error.

what can i do to boot my phone without starting from scratch, this is not the first time this happen and it sucks :(

help, please advise.

regards

I have been having the same problem since flashing the latest amon ra. I rarely use nandroids so I haven't worried too much about it (since I have at least one that I know works for sure). It is just strange that so many are failing....but some still work. Anyway keep us updated if anyone figures it out. Maybe I'll just go back to an older version where I didn't seem to have that problem.

Upvote 0
I have been having the same problem since flashing the latest amon ra. I rarely use nandroids so I haven't worried too much about it (since I have at least one that I know works for sure). It is just strange that so many are failing....but some still work. Anyway keep us updated if anyone figures it out. Maybe I'll just go back to an older version where I didn't seem to have that problem.

i have the v 2.3, what do you have?

Upvote 0
i think we all have in common which is a 16g or maybe 32g sd card.

i got help from xda thanks to lowetax, see original post/advise here.

i did backup and then format but before restore i just wipe cache and dalvik cache .... and it worked.

try it ... goodluck :)

glad that did the trick.
with all nan backups not restoring,
it seemed like it had to be corrupted recovery
(fastboot erase recovery and then fastboot recovery)
or SD Card backup and reformat by EVO.

SD Card reformat is less daunting :)

DEVICE ► HTC EVO 4G SUPERSONIC • 0003
ROM ► Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS 5
KERNEL ► Net's 4.3.2 cfs havs more nosbc
SD Card Read Ahead Buffer ► frankoid's Zip 256
THEME ► Koni's EVO ELITE
MODS ► Circle Battery • 4x5 Workspace • 5 Column App Drawer
BASEBAND 2.15.00.11.19 PRI 1.90_003 NV 1.90_003 WiMAX 27167_R01
RECOVERY ► Amon_RA-v2.3 - HAUS MOD • HBOOT ► 0.76.2000
BATTERY ► htc Stock 1500 mAh • ROOT ► UnrEVOked 3.2.1
TEXT INPUT ► Swype Beta 2.29 (3/10/11) and Microphone

Reactions: mecampo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones