1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Cant root EB13

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JDubbleTrouble, Feb 23, 2011.

1. JDubbleTrouble

JDubbleTrouble Well-Known Member

Odin back to stock then odin to EB13 and now i cant root oneclick almost finishes and then fails z4root finishes but doesnt give superuser apk there seems to be an issue here. hope no one else is having the same problem im just mad i cant get my nandroid back up now..so ive lost almost everything that wasnt on my sdcard...DK28 is seeming like a much better build than this one or maybe it was the custom rom but i am not pleased

Advertisement

2. JDubbleTrouble

thanks but it actually worked for me after the 3rd or 4th try im back to normal now i guess thats the price you pay when doing things you shouldnt to your phone

3. paul1956

paul1956 Newbie

Did Z4Root work on the EB13?

4. JDubbleTrouble

not for me i ran it a couple times and it wouldnt give me the superuser apk so i ran the old version 2.5.1 i think of one click a few times and that worked but im sure u see the link above for the updated version of that but like i said my older version worked aftera few tries

paul1956 likes this.
  5. duratime

duratime Android Enthusiast

I got it to work rather easy. One question, I didn't go to to step 2, and install the EXT4. I'm not sure I will ever want to install a ROM, but I may want to install a kernel if a good one become available. Forgive me if this doesn't make any sense, but when I had a Moment, I found some of the Devs on XDA and SDX made some really good kernels that improved performance quite nicely, hoping I can do the same with the Epic when they become available. Will I need the EXT4 for kernels? Thanks

6. JDubbleTrouble

id say you wouldnt i hadnt decided to use ext4 but i dont think whether you use it or not effects the kernel but certain roms do require it but like i said i cant be sure so if u can find someone to chime in they might know for sure

duratime likes this.
  7. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast

As of now you dont but moving forward everything will be ext4 so devs wll be converting their stuff to that. Just watch and make sure if its rfs thats normal stuff, if its ext4 then you need to be that.

duratime likes this.