• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant root my LG optimus M

pcapelo

Lurker
Feb 17, 2011
Hi,

I have doing research across the internet and every video, forum thread, web pages says to use z4root to root you phone. Well, I have been trying do that for the last 3 days without success.

What happens is that, after download and install z4root, I click the temporary root, the process start and after a short time (right after the message: acquiring root shell) the application disappear. Not like reboot or shut down, the application just hangup and, if you try click again it will tells you:

"the application z4rot (process com.z4mod.z4root) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

After that, the only way for you to restart z4root is rebooting the phone and trying again. Smae thing happen if I try permanent root.

I can only imagine that the reason its because my phone version is 2.2.1

Other than that I have no idea about what is happening and I really would like some feedback.

If anyone have a better way to do it I would appreciate some help

cheers

PC

Hi,

I have doing research across the internet and every video, forum thread, web pages says to use z4root to root you phone. Well, I have been trying do that for the last 3 days without success.

What happens is that, after download and install z4root, I click the temporary root, the process start and after a short time (right after the message: acquiring root shell) the application disappear. Not like reboot or shut down, the application just hangup and, if you try click again it will tells you:

"the application z4rot (process com.z4mod.z4root) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

After that, the only way for you to restart z4root is rebooting the phone and trying again. Smae thing happen if I try permanent root.

I can only imagine that the reason its because my phone version is 2.2.1

Other than that I have no idea about what is happening and I really would like some feedback.

If anyone have a better way to do it I would appreciate some help

cheers

PC

Just go to this post and folow the complete guide http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/279318-root-2-2-1-get-data-working.html and you will be rooted on your 2.2.1 phone.

Upvote 0
ok i downloaded and installed everything i run lgnpst it sees my phone shows all info has the correct dll loaded so it says ms690 then crash program fails. i managed to get it to stay running and began update process but it stayed at 0% overnight. complete unistall and reinstall still no good.

first install lgnpst componets had a fail on install deleted all files from directory (C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST) then they would install but no good uninstallation.
any suggestions of what i did wrong unable to root sucks bad

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones