• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't root vv4 on my replacement phone

hYpHyPuRpLe

Android Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2011
Oakland, California
I got a replacement phone with vv4 on it, and all of the previous root methods no longer work. I knew vv4 was unrootable so I knew what was coming. I guess I'll be stuck with all the metro bloatware until I get a new a phone. This new update does include quickmemo, that's cool I guess. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this rooted?

I wonder if lg tool can put root able software on it

Refurbished phones can't use the update tool so that's a no go

is vv4 like an upgrade from zva?maybe you could downgrade?i'm not really sure if im asking the right questions.

It's sort of like an upgrade doesn't feel as hot and is a lot smoother. It also has quickmemo. Idk if I can downgrade because I can't install cwm or use the update tool

Upvote 0
Have you tried the mini windows virtual machine trick? I think it may be around somewhere on this board. Another user used a mini windows virtual machine with the LG updater tool paused at the moment before the update to zv9. So you should be able to put your device into download mode hook it up to your PC and then continue the update on the WVM and it should put you back to zv9 (in theory). The thread should be around somewhere in these forums. If the link to the wvm is broken/down/unobtainable I believe I have a copy of it somewhere on my laptop. if you need it from me let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones