1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't save contacts on phone - Zio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ametzler01, Mar 11, 2011.

1. ametzler01

ametzler01 Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    I have a Zio & just did the 2.2 upgrade last week. I didn't have a Gmail account before in 1.6, just had all contacts on the phone. Didn't know the upgrade would wipe out all my contacts. During the upgrade I created a GMail account. The sync from Gmail to the phone works fine.

But I can't enter contacts into the phone. The only option I have is to save to the GMail account. It acts like it is saving, but when it sync's, the contact is deleted from my phone & never makes it to GMail.

Turn off Sync - the contacts stay in my phone but can't sync anything else. No good.

How can I enter contacts into my phone & have them sync to GMail?
    I have a ticket opened at Kyocera, they can't figure it out.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello ametzler01, and welcome to the forums.

Try going into your Google/Gmail account online via your computer and entering a few contacts, then configure the syncing options (and other parameters) there.

Then go back to your phone and sync. That should set things straight, although it may not happen instantly the first time or two.. sometimes Google/Gmail can be a bit tempermental. ;)

3. ajwmedia

ajwmedia Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    open your contact icon >> menu >>edit sync groups >> hit the 'sync all contacts' >> ok

4. COW8OY

COW8OY Lurker
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    ***No contact list***
    Once I updated to 2.2 from 1.6, my unrooted ZIO worked great, but my contact list only showed a few contacts which I had deleted a long time ago. None of my current contacts showed up. [​IMG] [​IMG] However, the text messages, all had the names, and you could access the contact's info from the messages, same for the call list. I tried everything to get the list to show, but backup would not add any contacts, as they were clearly somewhere on the phone already. What I wound up doing that worked, was I copied all of my files (including contacts file) from the SD card onto my pc, then formatted the SD. Then I did the factory reset on the phone. Then I recopied the previous SD contents back to the Sd, but only the contact file, music, pics, etc. Nothing that looked like it was for the operations on the phone. Then I brought up the empty contact list on my factory fresh looking phone, and imported the contacts. Finally.[​IMG] Even Cricket could not help me with this, and just opened a ticket on it. Hope it helps.

5. Earthling789

Earthling789 Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    If you have any other POP email on your phone, it will mess with the Google sync. My wife's Zio had this problem when she added Yahoo! mail to her phone. She would enter a contact, save it, and it disappeared, and did not sync to Google. She removed the Yahoo! mail and it all worked perfectly again. This may be the problem you are having... if so, you must remove the other mail... disabling sync for them will not work. Once you have the contacts working again, re-add your other POP email and select (never sync) when setting it up. This will prevent your contacts going to a "black-hole" again.

Tags: