1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't save texted pics sent from an iphone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Onlyino, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Onlyino

Onlyino Lurker

Hello,

Ever since the upgrade to ICS I am unable to save texted pictures from an i phone to my gallery. I was able to do so before, when I hit the option button I get a vibrate but no options appear. I have searched for a work around/and or a fix with no luck, hopefully some wise person here can help me... thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Android Enthusiast

I think I'm getting the same thing on mine. I can't download the pics that my friend's txt me so I can view them.

3. Onlyino

Onlyino Lurker

So I am not the only one...

I hope someone knows why this is happening and if it can be corrected.

4. Onlyino

Onlyino Lurker

OK, I have found a work around... sort of. If the picture that is texted has any words or symbols added to it, then you have the ability to save the picture. If the picture is sent by itself then it is not savable.

5. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Android Enthusiast

6. mellojoe

mellojoe Lurker

In case this hasn't been resolved yet...

iPhones have undergone a software update for iMessage. iMessage is a (stupid) service that allows free messaging between iPhones without requiring your carrier to add that feature. It has broken how Android phones recieve picture messages from iPhones.

Have your iPhone user turn off iMessage (enabled by default?) and that will fix the problem.

my wife is iPhone, i am Android. We have family messaging on our phones (with 3 other lines also used) so iMessage is just a wasted feature. It causes nothing but problems.

7. Gti fly

Gti fly Well-Known Member

Not the solution to the problem, but an alternative messaging programm well worth using is 'Whatsapp'

Uses data connection to send sms/pics/sound etc. Available to download on android/appstore/blackberry. You can send messages to anyone that has whatsapp for free, including people overseas.

SMS will slowly fade away I feel...

8. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

I second whatsapp. It's more like blackberry messenger for non BB.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews