• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't see/find videos put on SD card

dragon999

Aug 3, 2010
China
Ok, I'm sick of looking around for the answer to this. And I apologize if its a "noobish" question:

When I plug my phone into my computer two drives come up (H: and I:). From what I can tell, I: is my SD card, because it has the DCIM folder with all my pictures in it. Now...When I tried to put videos (mp4s,.avi) in there, I could not for the love of god find them through my phone! (I use Rockplayer to view videos by the way and its great so far). When I did finally find them through some file explorer in a strange Root folder called eccm or something I couldn't open them cause they didn't seem to get recognized by RockPlayer. But when moved those same files/folders to H: drive (my internal memory I assume) they showed up in rock player and I could play them.. Same thing goes for comics, I couldn't find my .cbr files when I put em on the SD card drive. The other reason this is hard for me to tell is that my SD card is 8gigs, which is the same as internal storage right?

So...Does the phone combine internal and SD storage and show it as two drives for some odd reason (I doubt it and I feel ******ed even asking)? And more importantly, can I store videos on the SD card and have 'em show up in file exploret/rockplayer/android comic viewer right off the bat? Cause it seems that by default RockPlayer or most programs show the internal memory and all its folders when opened, not what you put into your SD card.

You guys are the pros, I would greatly appreciate your answers.

emmc is actually the internal memory. I don't believe rock player has been updated to "see" the internal memory, you will have to load the videos on the sd card. Sounds like you just have them mixed up.
The camera puts pics on the internal memory by default, so unless you manually changed those settings the drive without pics should be your sd card.

File explorers in the phone show the \sdcard for the sd card and \emmc for the internal storage, as you already noticed when plugged into the pc they map as separate drives.

Reactions: dragon999
Upvote 0
Gahhhh, ok. Thanks guys, yes I did have them mixed up then. I think the reason I got em mixed up in the first place is cause the manual says you can store pics and videos in your SD card, so I figured the drive that had the pics in it was the SD card. What a simple mistake!

And thanks for the tip about renaming the drives, I did so. I guess this thread can get closed now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones