1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can't see full android Market list or Mail Inbox??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by demingr, Feb 26, 2011.

1. demingr

demingr Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    Hi. I have rooted the nook (auto nooter 3.0). When I search in the market I only see the first page of the returned list of apps - maybe 3-4 past the page which I can scroll and see, but no more. I also downloaded Yahoo Mail and my inbox has 300+ messages but only the first 10 are returned and displayed with no ability to scroll beyond to see additional ones.

Anyone see similar issues like this - either with these apps or others? Any suggestions about how to investigate further?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    One small suggestion is to turn your NC to Landscape. I know that sounds ridiculous as a solution, but I know that in the Market, it will often only return ~8-10 results in Portrait, but a full list in Landscape. This issue was discussed in a previous thread and helped to resolve the issue for me.

As far as the Mail issue goes, I have NO idea. But, perhaps the same issue is present in both apps...?

3. demingr

demingr Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    Thanks!! That seems to work. I had tried that before and it wasn't pulling in more items - I may not have given it enough time. Very weird. But once you get the first page of "extended" hits, you can flip back to portrait and they keep coming / you are able to continue to scroll down. Great. Working for both Market and Yahoo Mail client.

4. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Good deals. Happy to help.