• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't see music media

preskittman

Lurker
Dec 23, 2012
Long story short, have have 10 GB of media I copied into my sdcard Music folder on Galaxy S3. Typically arranged with subfolders of artistname/albumname/songs all in .mp3 format. Neither the Stock Music App nor Double Twist see any of the music. My files app shows all that should be there. I have restarted the GS3; I have unmounted and remounted the card. I downloaded and ran the app "Scan Media", all to no avail. Any thoughts?

Further, possibly relevant info, this music was previously visibile. For reasons that seemed good at the time, I moved all that music to "media" folder. That didn't do for me what I wanted, so I moved it all back to "music". The movement was done from the PC via a USB (MTP) connection.

Dave

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones