1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

can't see songs on google player (but can be sen in myfiles music)

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by fightmaster, Dec 27, 2013.

1. fightmaster

fightmaster Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2013
    2 days ago i used to have all my music play regularly on google music player.
    (i stored them on my sd card and i have a rooted galaxy s4 4.3 jellybeans).
    now, yesterday i wanted to add more music so i draggged the music to the folder, and it didn't show on y media player.
    i tried removing all the music and then adding it back, even syncing it back with kies 3, and even if i put it on my internal storage "music" folder i can't see it on my google player.
    (i can't see all my songs) and i already tried many things like unmounting the sd card, powering off and on, clearing cache, clearing data, forcing to stop.
    also, the music is displayed on a 3rd party media player that i downloaded but i really want to use the google player (for voice commands) and because i still prrefer the google player.

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    What happens when you go to the "Listen Now" Page and click the little down arrow and choose On Device instead of all music? When I click on mine it shows all my music on my SDCARD with no problem. I have a hierarchical order to my folders so my music folder is buried in another folder my set up is like this:

Media - Parent Folder
    audio - Child Folder home to ringtones and notifications
    Music - Child Folder home to my music this also has child folders with in it
    Pictures - Child Folder home to my pictures
    Videos - Child Folder home to my video's

With the above order I have no issues with Play Music playing whats on my SDCARD. Make sure you tell it On Device and see if it shows it all then.

3. fightmaster

fightmaster Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2013
    i can't reach there... (also usually i use the samsung music player and it doesn't have that feature i think) what it simply says on the play now to add music through the usb cable.....

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp