1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root cant seem to be able to install Darkys_v6.0_Gingerbread_Edition_Voodoo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simonpf, Jan 10, 2011.

1. simonpf

simonpf Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    Hello this is my first post so please bare with me.
    i have been trying to install Darkys_v6.0_Gingerbread_Edition_Voodoo i have done everything as instructed down loaded and aplyed Darkys_v6.0_Gingerbread_Edition_Voodoo and update to my galaxy s. i shutdown and restart using the three button metherd but when it starts up in recovery mode and i apply Apply SDCARD:update.zip it trys to load then comes up with E-failed to verify whole-file signature
    E-signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.
    no matter how many times i try . I have tryed with phone rooted and unrooted still does not work please can any body HELP. Desprit to use
    Darkys_v6.0_Gingerbread_Edition. Thank You

Advertisement

2. w1zardssleeve

None
    I think you need 2e recovery to run unsigned zip files. Darkys rom is at version 8 now on XDA so probably worth going for that. Check the post there as it has more info on how to get clockwork recovery running etc. buyt you will need to flash a new kernel via Odin.

simonpf likes this.
  3. edie209

edie209 Newbie
    None

I can confirm this as I had to do this yeasterday. I went for version 8 of the rom.

If you read ALL the info there is a section that refers to 2e recovery you need to flash using Odin the whole process for 2e took me about 20 seconds.

here is the link [ROM] [04.01.2011] Darky's v8.0 Gingerbread Edition ★ JPY ★ | Darky's & R64's Finest. - xda-developers read all the first post it will save you time there is a link on flashing 2e recovery and all the other info you will need.

Make sure you back up anything important ;)

simonpf likes this.
  4. edie209

edie209 Newbie
    None

simonpf likes this.