1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root cant seem to flash BB..help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by randysoto, Feb 10, 2010.

1. randysoto

randysoto Newbie

Nov 8, 2009
    So I am already rooted..I downloaded the bugless beast nandroid back install..I extracted the files to a "nandroid" folder on the root of the sd card..I went to the recovery and and wiped everything, but I don't see the option to backup and restore...any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Nov 7, 2009
    Multi-platinum Rapper
    Illinois
    Did you flash SPRecovery 0.99.2b?!

Btw, for future reference, post root related questions in the root section of the forum.

3. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Do you have SPRecovery on there or are you using the stock recovery console? You can't do a Nandroid backup or restore with the stock console.

4. randysoto

randysoto Newbie

Nov 8, 2009
    Haha that's it...I need to download sprecovery..thanx hopefully I can find it on here

5. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    I don't know if you need them, but these are step by step instructions to installing SPRecovery, based on a guide for installing Bugless Beast from stock. Credit to user Matth3w from Droidforums.net.

I have removed the links to the actual files, unfortunately, because I think it's against the forum rules to post them.

6. randysoto

randysoto Newbie

Nov 8, 2009
    so i decided to download smupdater7 and i installed the recovery and bitchin bagel..i still wanna try out bugless beast..when i go to sprecovery i go to adv nandroid restore and i see the 4 files that were extracted in the nandroid folder but neither of them work when i hit restore

7. daikonv

daikonv Member

Nov 6, 2009
    those 4 files need to be in their own directory within the nandroid directory