1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Cant send email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by habsrule29, May 6, 2011.

1. habsrule29

habsrule29 Member

May 5, 2011
    Kitchener, ON
    I just got this phone earlier this week. I asked telus to block data. I have no problem receiving emails, but Im not able to send any, even if I am connected to wifi. Do I need to have the data unblocked for me to send emails?

Advertisement

2. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    No, you do not require data plan; wifi should work. Perhaps your outgoing email is just sitting in your outbox and you need to do a sync to send it.

habsrule29 likes this.
  3. habsrule29

habsrule29 Member

May 5, 2011
    Kitchener, ON
    Thanks, that worked for me. I was able to get my gmail to sync properly, but I still couldnt get mail to send from my rogers email account. Oh well, no big deal. Does letting my accounts auto sync use data?

4. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    If your data plan is blocked, auto syncing should not use data. It will only work when you have wifi. I don't have Rogers and I do not use my Telus email. I only use Yahoo and Gmail.

habsrule29 likes this.
  5. jitterbug17

jitterbug17 New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Ya i am having the same problem could you be more specific on how I can fix the problem

6. Linney

Linney New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    I have the same problem. I am with Telus, have telus email, telus wifi and I can receive but not send. Telus mobility and Telus home are clueless and have no idea why I can not send email.

Any idea why????