1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't send MMS on S2? Bell

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by godoffire, Sep 6, 2011.

1. godoffire

godoffire Lurker

Hey I just recently got the S2. Absolutely love it!
    But i can't send MMS. Whenever i add a picture to a message and send it. It tells me there is no service and the picture will send when service is available. When I do have service.

Any ideas?
    Carrier= Bell

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Go into settings. Then wireless and network, mobile network, then access point names. Check that the access point you are using has the following three options set.
    MMSC
    MMS proxy
    MMS Port

If these aren't set that will be your problem. Not sure what they are supposed to be for bell so if they're not set do a google search to find out or contact bell. Once these have been set change the APN type to internet+ MMS

3. mooch1231

mooch1231 Lurker

Was having the same trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S2, yet my hubby was able to receive picture text messages with no issue. Came to find out that the phones firewall "LOOKOUT" that I turned on was the culprit! I went into LOOKOUT and unchecked all the boxes to disable it and voila! No more issues. I am now able to receive picture texts on Wi-Fi without issue. Deb:)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews