1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General can't send mms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by huanett, Jan 1, 2012.

1. huanett

huanett Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    hi. i can send text messages perfectly fine but when it comes to picture messages, i can't send or receive them. i would send a picture message to someone and then after a while i would get a notification saying "message failed to send after multiple attempts". whenever someone sends me a picture message, i either don't get it, or get a message that says download. two things would then happen; either it downloads for a while and then says "message not downloaded" because of generic network failure (honestly have no clue what that means) or it downloads for a few seconds and then goes right back to the download button. my sister has the same exact phone as me but she doesn't have this problem. she can send and receive picture messages fine. i'm not using verizon though, i'm using page plus. i'm also rooted.. but i don't think it has anything to do with that because my sister also rooted her phone. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

2. cmybliss

cmybliss Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    The Abarat
    Is your wi-fi on? I know neither of the 2 Inc2s in my house can revive mms over wi-fi.

3. mihneagabriel

mihneagabriel Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    This.

I've also noticed that when just wifi is on it won't send/receive mms messages but when 3g and wifi is on (running on wifi) the 3g symbol will come up when sending/receiving mms. My original inc used to just turn 3g on by itself to send mms, I don't see why htc couldn't have done that with this phone also

4. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    I had the same problem. No rooted. Deleted Quick settings. Hard reset. Been good ever sense. There is another thread within this forum.

5. catnapped

catnapped Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Strange...mine can send/receive SMS and send MMS while connected to wifi, but just not receive MMS without my disconnecting it.

6. bunkobabe215

bunkobabe215 Newbie
     #2,074

Oct 31, 2010
    I have had this probem since I got my I2 also. I have a limited data plan so only turn on 3G when I need it. The phone will not send or receive MMS if the wifi is on. I hate this feature.. :/