1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't Send Multiple Messages?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Optimus_User, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Optimus_User

Optimus_User Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    when i'm texting I have to limit myself to 160 characters or less. When it goes over and I send, it never stops sending. It's on perpetual "sending" on my phone. And then it tries to resend later. This happened on my other Optimus as well. I know its able to send more than one text atta time, because I used to do it on my Ascend all the time. How do I fix it so I'm capable of sending long winded messages?

Advertisement

2. Mikenly

Mikenly Well-Known Member
    None

May 22, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Miami, Florida

You can't. If you want to do those you would have to download an external messaging app from the market. I recommend Handcent or GoSMS. Also, you could try switch ROMS. I believe there is only one ROM available with the ability to send multiple.messages without downloading and external app which is CyanogenROM7 Beta which you can get here (If you have a custom ROM): http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/335405-rom-gb-cmod7-beta.html

3. edgchacon

edgchacon Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Just tried this on Optimus M running CM7 and I have done it on the stock ROM too, not often. But i do see when is says converting to MMS, and sends both.

In CM7 you have to go into the settings(inside the Messaging app)and tell it to split longer messages.

Tags: