• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't send/receive MMS from iPhones???

Very bizarre....got a new LG Velvet, and I'm using Google Messages for SMS. All of the settings are the same as what they were on my old phone and I even went so far as to compare them to a friends android who can get/send MMS to iphones, and we're the same. I don't have issues when it's an android on the other end but for iphones, it's not happening. I can see that a picture was sent to me but it won't download the picture. The thingy just keeps spinning and no picture is downloaded. Everything has been updated, and I haveno clue how or why this is happening.

Any ideas???

Switch to a different text message app, such as textra. Most of my contacts have iPhones and never a problem sending or receiving anything

I downloaded Textra and tried it and the same thing happens, no MMS. This has NEVER happened before with my other Androids, so I wasnt aware it was a common issue. Regardless, I can't figure out why this is happening now with this new phone when everything else is the same as it was on my old phone.

Upvote 0
I downloaded Textra and tried it and the same thing happens, no MMS. This has NEVER happened before with my other Androids, so I wasnt aware it was a common issue. Regardless, I can't figure out why this is happening now with this new phone when everything else is the same as it was on my old phone.

Maybe double check you got the correct APN settings for your particular carrier? Do you have a working cellular 4G internet connection with your phone? Because if cellular data is working, then so should MMS. But if it's only with MMS from iPhone users, then that could still be an iMessage problem, which I can't help you with of course, as nobody uses iMessage here.

Reactions: Hadron and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Just to be sure, what was your previous phone? If it was an iPhone it's common to have problems receiving from other iPhones if you failed to sign out of iMessage before switching. Fortunately there is now a way of doing it without the iPhone (there wasn't for many years, and it took a class action to force Apple to fix this - many switchers would assume that Android was broken and switch back, so it suited Apple to leave this unfixed).

But that shouldn't stop you sending to iPhones, just receiving.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Just to be sure, what was your previous phone? If it was an iPhone it's common to have problems receiving from other iPhones if you failed to sign out of iMessage before switching. Fortunately there is now a way of doing it without the iPhone (there wasn't for many years, and it took a class action to force Apple to fix this - many switchers would assume that Android was broken and switch back, so it suited Apple to leave this unfixed).

But that shouldn't stop you sending to iPhones, just receiving.

Thanks, my previous phone was a Pixel 3 XL and worked fine, same carrier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones