• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant send text messages!

Hello, last Friday I bought the Evo V 4G at Radio Shack. By Saturday I had noticed that it couldn't send texts. (The SMS Radio Resource, no 64 message). I tried the usual fixes mentioned above, to no avail.

I swapped out the phone on Monday to discover the new phone had the same problems. I decided to return the phone.

Users here say that emailing 'the virgin angels' seems to work best.

My question: Is it possible if, while purchasing the phone at Radio Shack, one could immediately email the angels and ensure correct provisioning?

Thanks for any and all input! kultus

Upvote 0
I had hoped I was done posting in this thread. The issue just happened again.

I will be unable to call or make a text(network interface resource shortage), the signal bars will show normal for my area (2-4 bars) but will not move. If I leave the device for 20 minutes, the bars will not move and the dbm reading in network settings shows 120dbm, again, it won't change even if left for 20 minutes. Toggling airplane mode does nothing, only a restart will help.

I shut off wifi as suggested above by raysurrx7, and boom, cell bars are active again and I'm back to a normal dbm and cell connectivity is restored. Everytime the issue happened I've been connected to wifi, plus I have wifi set to never sleep.

I think raysurrx7 is exactly correct.

Maybe another ROM would correct it? Only problem is I'd lose MMS.

Upvote 0
Sprint branding phone problem?
I fixed my problems today by buying a new phone from best buy that is NOT sprint branded. Just the HTC branding.
They transferred my services over, waited 20 minutes. Perfect phone.
I got nowhere with many tickets opened and spoke to many techs that could not get my sprint branded phone working. I took a shot in the dark today and it worked.

If anyone is experiencing these issues on a plain HTC branded phone post a reply for I wonder if its just the sprint phones.

Upvote 0
Sprint branding phone problem?
I fixed my problems today by buying a new phone from best buy that is NOT sprint branded. Just the HTC branding.
They transferred my services over, waited 20 minutes. Perfect phone.
I got nowhere with many tickets opened and spoke to many techs that could not get my sprint branded phone working. I took a shot in the dark today and it worked.

If anyone is experiencing these issues on a plain HTC branded phone post a reply for I wonder if its just the sprint phones.

In the settings >about phone > Software information

What software number are you running. Mine is 1.13.652.2 710RD

Upvote 0
In the settings >about phone > Software information

What software number are you running. Mine is 1.13.652.2 710RD

Running the same version on both my phones, 1.13.652.2 710RD. I just compared the CRC images of my two phones and they differ on a couple. Would you mind posting a pic of what your CRC #s are?

Steps to get the checksum:
1. Disable fast boot by going into settings, power, uncheck fast boot
2. Boot into recovery: Turn phone off, hold volume down and power button for ~10 seconds
3. Use volume rocker to scroll down to IMAGE CRC and push the power button to select
4. DON'T PANIC! This takes a while, I didn't time it but I would say about 5 minutes.
5. Take a picture of the phone haha its a lot of numbers to write down.
My picture attached below
6. Scroll up to FASTBOOT, select it with the power button, then select reboot to restart your phone.
7. Re-enable fast boot if you wish by going to settings-power-check it, I like it off.

Upvote 0
i53t75.jpg

Upvote 0
I had hoped that the first time I posted about this issue would be the last time. The VirginAngels said that they aligned my account with my new phone and that texting should be working fine....and it did for almost a whole day. Now, unfortunately I am again receiving the Radio Interface Shortage messages, especially when I am in a car driving, and my incoming text messages are coming in about 5-7 minutes after they are originally sent. I am beginning to wonder if the RIS issue will ever be fixed on these Sprint Branded EVO's because I certainly am not getting what I paid for when I spent $300 dollars on this phone.

Upvote 0
So after all this Virgin sent me a new phone. Turned off old phone, switched phones online, turned on new phone... Activated without a problem, seems to be sending / receiving texts as well. Hopefully i am good to go.

Glad to hear that they finally did something to remedy the situation for you. After 20 emails between the helpme@virginangels team and myself they have finally escalated my issue and opened an investigation asking to give them 24-72 hours to resolve the issue and that they would keep me updates on the progress. I hope I don't have to go the new phone route that you did, im already attached to the one I have.

For anyone else dealing with this issue keep persisting and calling/emailing Virgin; that is the ONLY way this issue will be fixed! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm telling you, I have the exact same problem. All you have to do is

1) TURN OFF YOUR WIFI
2) PULL YOUR BATTERY OUT OF YOUR PHONE WHILE ITS SITLL ON
3) PUT IT BACK IN AND REBOOT THE PHONE
4) FUNCTIONAL PHONE

it happens to me about once a week, this is just an immediate solution if you're in need of texting someone.

Note: the important step is to turn off your wifi before the battery pull, you can turn it back on once you reboot the phone.

Upvote 0
This did not work for me when I had problems, only a new phone fixed them. I never had wifi on with my issues. But I did for arguments sake try that solution by enabling it restarting phone with it on, problems, disabled wifi pulled battery rebooted and still had the problems.
Guys, I'm telling you, I have the exact same problem. All you have to do is

1) TURN OFF YOUR WIFI
2) PULL YOUR BATTERY OUT OF YOUR PHONE WHILE ITS SITLL ON
3) PUT IT BACK IN AND REBOOT THE PHONE
4) FUNCTIONAL PHONE

it happens to me about once a week, this is just an immediate solution if you're in need of texting someone.

Note: the important step is to turn off your wifi before the battery pull, you can turn it back on once you reboot the phone.

Upvote 0
I also have this exact problem... Been deal with it since the phone came out. I'll be calling virgin mobile very soon. I can text and do everything I should... But about a good 20 times a day this happens and the radio message constantly pops up. It's annoying but it only last for about 5 min and I'm able to send texts again. Half the time I try to make a call also it does not go thro. I've missed a lot of extremely important calls... Like my mom bein in the hospital for her cancer and another from my girlfriend who was also in the hospital for kidnay stones. Yea its pissin me off.

Upvote 0
I know the thread refers to text mags, but I am getting killed on dropped and missed calls. I will send the emails to the people mentioned above, but there has to be more to it. Also, when streaming a podcast to my bluetooth, not only does my phone's WiFi act up, but it signed me out of the PSN only PS3. Hopefully, emails are being sent HTC as well. I have the rugged otterbox so pulling the batt is a pain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones