1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't send text or pic during a call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smacksy, Apr 24, 2016.

1. smacksy

smacksy Member
    None

Jun 1, 2015
    Seems I can't send a pic during a call on the turbo2 like I could on my Maxx..is this normal for this phone? :disappointed:

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I do not have Advanced Calling enabled. My memory could be misleading me.

Wasn't this a added capability of Advanced Calling? Perhaps it was enabled on your Maxx and is not enabled on your Turbo 2?

... Thom

smacksy likes this.
  3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

It is the advantage of Advanced Calling (HD voice), yes, it has to be enabled/turned on. For a while there was no such thing and you could just use data while on a call, maybe that was during the Maxx days.
    If you want to enable it, go online to your Verizon account, then 'manage products and apps', then 'free products'. You can enable it there and it should automatically activate on your phone after a minute or three.
    I have it enabled on 2 lines and I will say that the HD calls (both callers need it enabled) sound a bit tinny. It's weird until you get used to it. That's the price you pay for having calls and data together I guess :)

smacksy likes this.
  4. doogald

doogald Android Expert
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    Right, the Maxx could do simultaneous voice and LTE data without advanced calling, but the turbo and turbo 2 cannot without advanced calling. To send mms messages, you need access to mobile data. Turn on that feature as described in the post above if you want to do that.

smacksy likes this.
  5. smacksy

smacksy Member
    None

Jun 1, 2015
    Update:
    Problem solved by activating Advanced Calling in settings..Now can send pics and such while on a call but I'm greatly impressed with the HD voice and quality of video calls too!!..it's awesome! [emoji14]

doogald and Clementine_3 like this.
  6. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Iowa
    HD calling is a great improvement. Especially if you are talking to other Verizon customers that have HD calling enabled. Data and calls are both running thru the 4G signal on the newer Verizon phones. Only one radio antenna. Older phones had two, so one handled data and one the calls. You have to be in a strong 4G area for simultaneous calls and data to work well. Also works with WiFi.

smacksy likes this.