1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't set up my gmail account on my Samsung Admire

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by woodfairy7, Jan 11, 2014.

1. woodfairy7

woodfairy7 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    South Fla
    Hello I'm sooo hoping someone can help me do this. It keeps telling me my user name or password is incorrect. Not true as I can sign on my pc with no issues but not my phone. I can't do anything else with this phone until I get past this step. Can someone help me ?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Hospitality
    Phoenix, AZ
    Do you currently have a network connection (3g/4g/wifi)? If not, that's probably why. Otherwise, try rebooting your phone.

If that doesn't work, I would need more info in order to help you troubleshoot... Are you running a custom ROM? Recovery? What Android version are you running? Have you recently installed any new apps? Were you able to sign in previously on this device? Any other info you think might be useful?

woodfairy7 and funkylogik like this.
  3. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    You shouldn't have to enter your full email address, just your name (the info before the @). If you have any capital letters in you password make sure you are hitting the shift key before entering that character. Make sure the shift key isn't locked either (locked has a small line under the shift arrow on the Google keyboard).

If you have 2-step verification turned on you Google account, you may try a Backup code to sign into your phone. Sign into your account on a computer. Select the Security tab at the top. See if 2-step verification is enabled. If so click settings. Scroll to the bottom to show or create backup codes and try one of them as your password when signing on.

4. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    Also, you might try setting up an Application Specific password. Google said it's needed for some older smartphones. The Admire was introduced in 2011 so it might qualify.

Once again go to your Account via a computer. Click the Security tab, click Settings next to App passwords, create a name (Admire phone, etc.) and click the Generate password button. Use this 16 character password to sign into you phone. Good luck!

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    woodfairy7, funkylogik and Doit2it like this.