• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't start my phone (galaxy s2) after rooting atempt

sssrrr7

Nov 29, 2015
Hello guys.

Because of not enough space for installing apps, i was searching for rooting my android phone. I tried a lot of different ways to do this and the last one i tried was with Odin, connecting my phone through usb cable.

Now i can't start my phone, on screen i have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and i can't do anything.

I can acces Recovery menu (VOL-UP + home + power).

Please help me to start my phone someway...now i really dont care about root or anything, i just want my phone like it was.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

ironass, thanks for the fast reply, but i already tried this and doesn't work for me.
After "reebot system now", the phone is still stucked on that screen with yellow triangle with exclamation mark.

Try re-rooting your phone by carefully following the instructions, exactly, in the Dummies guide I linked you to. This includes re-downloading the kernel for rooting.

Upvote 0
Just to make sure you're flashing the right firmware, could you please confirm the full model number of your S2? (it's under the battery) and which files you tried to flash with Odin?

There are more versions of Galaxy phones than there are flavors of Coke® and sometimes one of those variants has a real problem with firmware for the wrong one.

Upvote 0
It seems i'm stucked at #2.4. After press START, just received that message:

<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> zImage

After this, nothing happens, word "PASS!" not appear above the light blue box.

Upvote 0
It seems i'm stucked at #2.4. After press START, just received that message:

<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> zImage

After this, nothing happens, word "PASS!" not appear above the light blue box.

Full model number of my phone is GT-I9100.

Also, how can i find my kernel version if i can't start the phone?

PS: Sorry for triple-posting, just now i found the "edit" button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a trip down memory lane. It's been a while since I flashed an S2, but if I recall there were some issues with both Odin versions and USB cables/ports. Which version of Odin are you using and ... make sure you are using a good USB cable and try it in a different port (usually those on the back of your PC are less problematic). Samsung's are very fussy with cables.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones