• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't stop mini task bar from floating on screen

hudsonranch

Lurker
Dec 24, 2009
Hi - I just got my droid and went app crazy. I downloaded an app which I think was to be a battery saver. It put a floating 5 button taskbar on my screen. The first button addresses wi-fi and the 2nd addresses bluetooth. I think the 3rd button is internet, the 4th is syncing (I think) and the last one dims the lights. The 3rd and 4th buttons don't seem to work as I expected because if I turn them on, I still get notifications and can send messages, The biggest problem is that the task bar floats on the screen and I can't move it so having cute wallpaper isn't a possibility. I can't remember what the app is called and I can't find anything in the apps settings that seems to apply so I can uninstall. Can anyone help me get rid of the taskbar?
thanks, JH

You're welcome :) You just have to make sure you let go of it when it's still glowing red. I've made that mistake a few times before, you can't really move it around too much or you miss the garbage.

If you ever want to put it (or other widgets) back on any of your 3 screens, just long press on an empty space and select "Widgets". They'll all be in there, if you haven't found that already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones