1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cant stop music from Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Michel Merlin, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Michel Merlin

Michel Merlin Lurker

Hi,

I am Michel Merlin, Versailles, France.

I used to use Windows CE and all its various names until Windows Mobile 6.5, with a lot of very good apps I bought in 1998-2005. So I recently bought an HTC HD2. However Windows Mobile 6.5 has gone so deep down that, despite HTC's great HW and SW, the apps still run better on my good old Windows Mobile 2003 device (an HP iPaq h2215).

I just plunged into Android, starting with buying a Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0. Wow! this is very good, excellent sound, excellent video, powerful, fast, and apparently reliable. However it has a couple incredible huge flaws, whence my coming here trying to solve or workaround them. I copied my music (~4GB) and my few videos (~2GB) onto a 32GB microSDHC card. So on my Galaxy I can play the music, but there is no real Explorer! No Task Bar (or equivalent)! I can't get quick and direct access to the program(s) or file(s) running! The "My Files" application is lacking.

But the worse and grave problem is: When I switch my Philips SHB9001WT headset On, the Galaxy detects its Bluetooth and starts playing tracks from an album I recently listened to. No way to find where that particular instance of the Player is, so I can't stop or pause that music, hence I can't either play anything else, making my Music Player essentially useless. Sure I can launch another track, but it plays in addition to the old one, even if it's another instance of the same track!

I found many people have had this very same problem in the last 2-3 years, but none brought a solution or a workaround. Samsung seems absent. I guess I will NOT find one either, however I must try, whence my coming here.

Versailles, Thu 22 Dec 2011 14:14:14 +0100

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, Michel! :)

I can understand some of adjustments coming from Windows. I moved from a Windows mobile 6.1 phone close to 2 years ago and the lack of a file manager confused me at first. Android is not really a file based user interface like Windows is. It is a task based system, but if you need to manage files, you can always install a file manager like Astro or ES File Explorer.

As for controlling music playback, try out the music widget. Find an open area on one of your home screens, long-press (touch and hod for two seconds or longer) and select widgets>music and that will give you controls right on your home screen.

Answers to many of your questions can be found in Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums. :D

3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

I am sure that you'll find this place useful... hope to see you around the forums!!

4. Michel Merlin

Michel Merlin Lurker

Thanks a lot lunatic59 for your timely while detailed reply. I will try ASAP.

Versailles, Thu 22 Dec 2011 15:20:25 +0100