• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't swipe down status bar

Super Noob

Dec 8, 2009
The status bar at the top of my wife's Evo will no longer swipe down to see what the notifications are. I've looked in the settings, but couldn't find an option to disable the status bar or whatever, so I don't know how to make it work right again.

It will show that there are missed calls or email, but nothing happens if I swipe it down. She is not using a home replacement app, just the default Sense UI.

Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-g13578ee
Software number: 4.53.651.1

I didn't find any apps out of the normal (that I haven't used before on my old Evo), so I don't know what the problem is.

By the way, I did look at this thread on a different phone, but that didn't work: Support status bar freezing (can't swipe down) LINK

The status bar at the top of my wife's Evo will no longer swipe down to see what the notifications are. I've looked in the settings, but couldn't find an option to disable the status bar or whatever, so I don't know how to make it work right again.

It will show that there are missed calls or email, but nothing happens if I swipe it down. She is not using a home replacement app, just the default Sense UI.

Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-g13578ee
Software number: 4.53.651.1

I didn't find any apps out of the normal (that I haven't used before on my old Evo), so I don't know what the problem is.

By the way, I did look at this thread on a different phone, but that didn't work: Support status bar freezing (can't swipe down) LINK

try rebooting. it might reset some things. if not then maybe a factory reset might help as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones