1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Can't Sync After 2.1 Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jcol, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Jcol

Jcol Active Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Before doing the 2.1 Update I setup the Sync account with SE and Sync'ed my X10 for the first time. I did this with the phone connected to the PC and used PC Companion to start the process. All went well. I can navigate to the web page with my PC and seem my contacts, calander, etc. After updating my X10 to 2.1 I thought I would be able to resync and load my stuff back on the phone. I have tried it with the phone conncected to the PC and with the phone just by itself and I get the same results - Failure to Sync message. I have given the phone the account name and Pw but so far nothing. It's almost as if a Sync created in 1.6 will not download to a 2.1 phone but that would be silly wouldn't it?? Has anyone else got this to Sync to work after the upgrade? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I have the same issue. My account information had a strange username in it with a password...that syncs fine but when I put my own in it won't work.

3. Jcol

Jcol Active Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Smoked - I saw that strange user name and ps immediately after the 2.1 upgrade. I overwrote it with the "correct" account info. Are you saying that if I had left the strange account info inplace it would have sync'ed OK? If that is the case it's very strange. I wonder if there is a way to get that other account info back?

4. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Well mine sync's... but i don't know what info it's syncing. I had already restored my contacts from my SIM. I'm hoping it's not taking my contact info...a la spyware but was hoping someone on here might know.

5. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Okay... I've been playing with this some more. I removed the hpkadkor account, added mine on the phone. Sync'd and it couldn't complete. THen I opened up PCCompanion and selected the sync util... I re-added my phone and sync'd a few times from my phone and it worked. It replaced the account info on the phone back to hpkadkor but it's now working. I deleted some bookmarks on the website, added a calendar entry and about 15 mins later after a few manual sync's the phone picked up the change.... weird!!!