• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't sync calendar only

ashrack

Oct 29, 2010
Hello!

When I sync my GOOGLE calendar to Desire's calendar I go to GMAIL in ALL APPs, then go to accounts, then go to accounts & sync. There I click my GOOGLE account and then click on Sync Calendar.

Is there an automatic way of doing this BUT only syncing calendar entries and not contact entries.
Since I do not want my GMAIL contacts polluting my DESIRE's contacts.

in that option I can only tick Sync contacts, Gmail, Calendar.
After ticking it just syncs it.

Are you using something special? I have a stock Froyo installed.

I have noticed this difference as well. Looked on someone elses phone and they were unable to 'untick' one. Was all or nothing, possible if/when you get froyo that will change. I have an incredible w/ froyo and can set one, two, all, or nothing to sync. But it was like that before i got froyo

Was gonna move this to support section but think will move to android lounge. See what kind of response you can get. PM me with any questions or if you feel like this belongs in a different sub-section

thread title updated

Upvote 0
As I stated in my previous post I am using Android 2.2 FROYO.

Here is a picture of the settings on my FROYO:
capture.jpg

found the culprint
I had to set Auto-sync to ON and then I had the choice.

btw. This also works on LG's GT540 2.1 Android

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones