1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cant 'tap to enter message' ???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marc.knuckle, Sep 9, 2011.

1. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

today, for some reason, i cant respond to a text message in portrait orientation as when i press the thin box at the bottom it doesnt do anything whereby before it brought up the keyboard when pressing.

i thought initially it was connected to autokiller so i uninstalled and rebooted but no good. i then thought the screen was playing up as if i turn the phone to landscape mode then tap on the box it brings up the keyboard like normal. i then tapped something else such as the dialer on the homescreen which is in the same location and it works fine so the bottom of the screen is not damaged anyway.

thus it seems that there isnt a screen problem but i dont know what to do now.

it is running kh3 that i updated via odin and is rooted but has worked fine so far. i dont think it could be the fact i am using juice defender or titanium backup could it?

Advertisement

2. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

anyone?? this is driving me mad

3. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

i factory reset it to see if that solved it. it didnt.

as soon as it reset and had all the junk on the homescreens i attempted to long hold them and bring them to the trashcan at the bottom. unfortunately it sometimes didnt pick the item up at all or dropped it as if i had released my finger and even when it managed to get it down to the trash it didnt go red to show it was to be dropped in.

i think something wrong is going on with my screen and i dont know whether or not it is the firmware, kh3??

4. kebark

kebark Well-Known Member

Hi mark,
    Can you go on to the test screen (Follow this guide) and do a screen test from there. See if the screen isn't working for us?

5. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

[​IMG]

i see, i went into touch. it has lots of squares. the very bottom segment turns green the 2nd squares from the bottom on each of the 3 columns stay white however much i press, also the very bottom squares that do turn green only show the little black dots right at the very bottom and the 3rd squares up only show the dots right at their very top. oddly, if i keep my finger down and go across them the black line DOES write across those same squares though.

please help!

6. kebark

kebark Well-Known Member

Right it could be a screen issue then if those squares won't turn green (those ones that are still white) as they should ALL turn green if you press them =/ try it again and if they still don't turn green try updating the firmware (it might help). If not I'd advise taking it to the store you got it.

Sorry thats not much help but it will help you diagnose that the screen is at fault.

7. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

they turn green now if i glide over them but definitely wont if i press them

8. kebark

kebark Well-Known Member

Could you perhaps try a different keyboard? No guarantee but it could be an issue with that? Did you update the firmware? (with Kies?)

9. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

i have both the swype and samsung keyboard and they are the same. i updated the firmware via odin.

i think i will have to pre it to return it to vodafone. any idea what firmware i should flash onto it and if i have to reset something so they dont say i've voided the warranty?

10. kebark

kebark Well-Known Member

Current UK Firmware for Vodafone-
    PDA:KG2/Phone:KG1/CSC:KE2 (VOD)
    Apparently (least thats what I'm getting from KIES)

Best place to ask would be XDA forums, sorry but I've no experience with rooting =/

11. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

yep, just flashing kg2. i have ordered a jig to reset the rom count, i hope it comes quick enough.

thanks