• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't transfer songs to my SD Card.

DraastiK

Dec 6, 2012
NJ
I don't know why I can't. Some songs in the album will work, some songs won't. They're ALL MP3 files.

Example. I'm trying to transfer the songs from Emery's "In Shallow Seas We Sail" (good album, by the way). Only a select few songs will work, then I will get a message saying "Cannot copy file".

Mind you, they're not pirated songs/albums. I have the physical album, that I ripped to my computer using iTunes, and converted the files to Mp3.

Not sure what the deal is.

Reactions: mrhomiec
What are you transfering FROM? For example, from Phone to External SD card. OR, from PC to External SD card.

How are you tranferring? For example, using a file manager (e.g., Astro) on the phone to move song from internal memory to External SD card. Or, using file manager on PC, with External SD card plugged into PC, to copy song from PC folder to folder on SD card.

Upvote 0
I'm transferring from PC to SD card via USB connection to the phone. The computer sees the phone as a Storage device, and when I open the "drive" on the PC it will show the "Phone" drive and "Card" drive. I'm transferring to the "Card" drive. The SD card has been formatted prior to transferring.

Upvote 0
I'm transferring from PC to SD card via USB connection to the phone. The computer sees the phone as a Storage device, and when I open the "drive" on the PC it will show the "Phone" drive and "Card" drive. I'm transferring to the "Card" drive. The SD card has been formatted prior to transferring.

OK ... that's what I've done and it works for me.

Sorry, don't have any suggestions other than to remove the card, plug it into the PC using an adapter, and transfer the files that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones